06 June 2017

Training quote of the day #11: Wesley So


2017 U.S. Champion Wesley So
From a front-page article on GM Wesley So, published in the June 6, 2017 print edition of the Washington Post:
"...chess is not just about playing. It’s other aspects. I have to improve my mental state. I have to be tougher, more confident, more comfortable playing the top guys...And I also need to improve my physical conditioning, because each game can last to anywhere up to six hours and each tournament usually has around 10 games, so that’s a lot of work, and the person with more energy in the last hour has a lot of advantage.”

1 comment:

  1. Interesting comment of So.
    And its true. Since I decided to play it all out, no accepting draws anymore, I indeed getting very tired at end of game or tournament. Problem is that after work I dont have the time to go to the gym and find time to study chess.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and ideas on chess training and this site are welcomed.

Please note that moderation is turned on as an anti-spam measure; your comment will be published as soon as possible, if it is not spam.